Jan 14, 2010

Weekly Schedule Jan 11-16

Calendar - Microsoft Outlook (10)

Someone wrote in asking how I go about scheduling and what software if any I use. I use Microsoft Office 2007 Outlook which syncs with my iPhone both ways. Most often when I get back from work I edit the schedule on the desktop PC and sync it in the mornings. Any changes I make on my iPhone will be prompted when I get back home to sync, asking which of the two schedules is right 1) the PC or 2) the iPhone. We typically get up to 3 days in a house. I call anything related to those 2-3 days [production]. That can include filling nail holes, caulking and spraying on day 1 and typically 2nd coating the walls on day 2 or 3 depending on the size of the house. Green is something extra and billable. Yellow is 1st coat or [prime] the walls. We do about 8-10 houses each month so its a must to have a schedule. Just this week alone, we were in 8 different houses.

For example: there was a 2nd [prime] for Friday that got moved while at work today to next Monday. Each entry has notes attached to it, documenting materials used and actual time per stage of production.

No comments: