Sep 25, 2013
VOL 1 NO 1
The Rolling Edition | Painthacker Magazine
Big Rollin’ 8 Easy Tips
100 ft² per/min That’s How We Roll
Bucket Rolling vs. Pan Rolling
The Afterlife of a Nine
Roll like a Boss!
9-inch Rolling in Perspective
The 9 Merits of Pan Rolling
Is Nothing the New Something?
Drywall Primers: Do They Work?
Job Site Variables
Efficiency Lesson No. 15
Jan 16, 2013
Sep 13, 2010
Apr 1, 2010
We have many great things for April.
- Graco ProShot Cordless Airless Sprayer
- Wooster Aero Sander Examined
- Wooster Micro Plush
- DAP Finishing Putty
- Wooster 50/50 (the new ones)
- 3M Transform You Old Pole Sander into a New One
- Graco Magnum X5
- Graco Tradeworks 150
- BEHR Premium Plus ULTRA Red Paint
- The long awaited extensive review of BEHR Premium Plus ULTRA interior paint
- Wooster Silver Tip Brush
- Wooster 14” Sherlock roller frame - If you think a 9” roller is often insufficient, how about rolling on 14”? (is this the missing link?)
- Sherwin Williams Duration Home (in red)
- ICI Dulux Diamond (in red)
[COMING IN MAY] The Anatomy of a Cut
- To truly master your cuts, you’ll want to maximize your capabilities. The Anatomy Of A Cut: performed with the Wooster Silver Tip brush, we get up close and personal about cutting-in.
Mar 24, 2010
If you are looking for a solution to block out nicotine stained ceilings then look no further than BIN.
Zinsser BIN Shellac-Base Primer Sealer is a staple in the painting industry. With a wide variety of uses, BIN is considered the ultimate stain blocking solution - from sealing and blocking out pet odors to blocking knots and tree sap streaking. BIN can typically be recoated in 45 minutes.
Despite the 45 minute recoat time, I strongly suggest a minimum 4 hours before recoating with a ceiling paint, next day would be your best fail-safe option. If you recoat too soon (despite the 45 recoat time), you are likely to get nicotine bleeding through your ceiling paint. Then you will have other issues to deal with besides lost profits. BIN has a strong odor when rolling large areas like a ceiling. It stinks but it works great.
The ceiling photo below was intentionally rolled in an unfavorable way for the purpose of the photo.
See the How To Paint Ceilings – Stepping Method for best results when rolling a ceiling.
Mar 23, 2010
- the spray gun filter compresses
- the spray gun filter splits open allowing plenty of junk through
Stay tuned: Airless Sprayer Manifold filters next